Saturday, August 16, 2008

Card gift wallet

Well, I have several people to credit for this card wallet I have made. The first one is the blog where I originally got the template when I made one for a gift last Christmas - I can't remember where, but will have a look around & link to this later. I have to thank Carol who gave me a look at the template and card holder she made at a class recently, which inspired me to make another one. I also loved Sara Klass' card compendium which inspired me to make one as a hostess gift too. Using brocade background DSP (designer series paper) with the Oh, So Lovely set & groovy guava ink comes from a card tutorial from Claire Daly. I made 2 cards to go in the wallet, as you can see in the following photos and matching envelopes which you can't see in the photos! It is a great project to try & I can't wait to get stuck in to making more as gifts soon!Here's the first card: And here's the 2nd! And this is the inside, but without the envelopes:
The other stamp sets used for the greetings are Simply Said and Sincere Salutations. I used chocolate chip, old olive & groovy guava ink.
I'll be back tomorrow with a Christmas card with a twist and am going to try making a card box from the tutorial on Nikki Stalker's blog here.
Cheers!
Caroline

No comments: