Thursday, January 8, 2009

Colour inspiration #37

Being a new year I'd love to report that I'm raring to go, reinvigorated and enthused. This is not the case in general (perhaps the Perth heat is slowing me down!), except I am happy to say, with stamping & card making where I am enjoying a kind of new start after a Christmas break & in particular am enjoying Kristina's challenges again.

Here is my card for this week (using soft sky in place of baja breeze which hasn't arrived here yet):

Stamp sets: I used petal prints as a challenge to myself & in honour of what was my first favourite SU! stamp set when I joined over 2 years ago, and one that I now never use. I don't expect it to make the new catalogue, so decided to make the most of it in case it goes. The other sets are short & sweet (?? Kristina's writing, which I love) polka dot background and define your life. Card/ink: pumpkin pie, soft sky, chocolate chip, old olive, whisper white. Other: chocolate chip grosgrain, scallop punch, corner rounder punch, earth element buttons, paper piercer & mat pack, scallop circle punch.

And this is Kristina's colour inspiration photo:

Thanks for looking!

Caroline

21 comments:

Stampin'GHmom said...

What a great card! I love the layout and the ribbon at the bottom

Sherri said...

Cute card!

Andrea said...

wow... so great

Nancy Riley said...

LOVE this! Exception design!

Kerryn said...

Love this!! You've done a great job with the colours!

Mary said...

Wow, love the layout!

kareNstampZ said...

this is lovely - my first favourite set too

Deanna said...

Beautiful!

Sara said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. You also get to use up scraps. I like the define your life - wish we got that. Sara

Shelley G in Iowa said...

Wow! I really like your card! There are a lot of great cards this week. Kristina is going to have a tough time choosing. Good luck!

Christina Hill said...

That's a beautiful interpretation of the challenge. I love the tone on tone stamping too.

Kathie Bailey said...

Caroline, this is beautiful! Perfect use of the colors.

Julie Hughes-Owen said...

I love this card. Thanks for the inspiration

dasimonds said...

Beautiful Card..
Wonderful mix of colors.
I have (and love) this
stamp set too.
TFS

Butternut Sage Designs said...

CONGRATULATIONS! OOOO my word verification was weird unwin.....yuck! I don't think so! LOL!

Dani Fender said...

Hi Caroline,

Great card congrats on top 25! It's an awesome feeling!

Just had a good browse through your blog. You have some beautiful work!

Dani

sideoats + scribbles said...

Hi Caroline! LOVE your card! Congratulations on Kristina's Top 25! YAY! :)

Debi said...

How awesome that you were chosen!!!Congrats!!

Stamp With Linz said...

Fabulous. Seriously love it!

Vivienne said...

Hey..I LIKE YOUR CARD!!!!! they are wonderful~

Tracey said...

Another lovely job Caroline! This is such a beautiful interpretation of Kristina's colours.